Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Polka Dot Rosie

Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Welcome Baby Monkey + Lots and Lots of Layers

Hi there :)

Thanks for stopping by to see today's blog post. It happens to be a very special one! My husband and I have a pair of friends who had been trying for years to get pregnant.  It was a very stressful time for both of them, but finally one happy day, she peed on a stick and got a little plus sign and relief swept over them.  She was an adorable pregnant woman and in all of the pictures, she and her husband were glowing.  Months later, their little boy arrived and goodness, is he beautiful!



My husband has long been a fan of monkeys so of course I made a baby monkey card.   I bought this stamp at a thrift store for fifty cents (score!) and was excited to finally use it! The design of this one is pretty simple, but my goodness did I overthink it! It took days to finish because I just wasn't happy with how it was turning out and I was having a bad case of craftersblock.

This is a square card measuring 5 1/2" x 5 1/2"  and is loaded with layers! I colored the image with Copics, used a gel pen to color in the eyelets of his little bonnet and cut it out with my nesting dies. I used the same dies on the blue paper under the monkey. I adhered them and that's how it sat for a day LOL  I just didn't know WHAT to do next! The next day I then stacked them on a decorative square die cut and made the background.  I didn't like the large space of plain blue paper so I used a huge background stamp and Versamark to add a faint pattern.  And again, it sat.  By the third of fourth day I finally realized what I wanted to do and it started to come together. Whew!  I added the brown/yellow layer at the bottom as well as the string before assembling the rest of the pieces. Finally. It was just right :)

Supplies:
Neenah Solar White card stock
Colored card stock from stash
Sequins, button, string from stash
Monkey stamp from stash
Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Squares Small
QuicKutz Nesting Doily Squares
Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card in Herringbone
Versamark Ink

Thanks for spending part of your day with me :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

No need to be shy! I love getting comments and appreciate every one :)