Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Polka Dot Rosie

Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

DS4J New Release Sunday + Stained Glass Iris

Hi there :)

Today DigiStamps4Joy releases some new images and since I think stained glass is so beautiful and since I had a really cool product to use with it, I used the image called Stained Glass Iris.   Isn't this so cool?!



I took the top photo using my Ott Light and the bottom photo using sunlight. The sun made quite a reflection on the image.



I colored the image with Copic markers then added Crackle Accents all over the front of it to get the crackly (is that even a word?) look. Pretty neat, huh?!

Supplies:
Neenah Solar White Card Stock
Ribbon and dark purple cardstock from stash
Stained Glass Lily digital image from DS4J
Doily
Gemstones
Copics
Crackle Accents

Thanks for stopping by today! Please visit the shop to  browse hundreds of fantastic digital images and check out the blog to see what the rest of my teammates came up with :)

3 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous - like real stained glass! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rosie, I just saw your comment on my card, thank you so much :) So nice of you :) and so I decided to hop by here and wow this is one stunning card! I just love the texture you created with the crackle accents and love the colors of your image. I used to do stained glass as well but then I moved on to card making and stopped that!!

    You asked me about the dies of the flowers that i used on my card - http://myfirstblog-dora.blogspot.com.mt/2015/09/b-is-for.html ... sorry I didn't add them .. sometimes I just forget as I'm always in a hurry !!

    The die on the left of the card is Memory Box, the other ones (with the buttons on them) are Nellie Snellie http://www.nelliesnellen.com/techniques-nellie-snellen/dies/shape-dies-sd045-flowers-2.html. I used however the centre piece from another set of dies, not the ones that came with them. These were free in the magazine Simply Cards and Papercraft issue 140.

    Thanks again

    Hugs
    Dora
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Dora! Thank you so much for stopping by and joining me here! I also appreciate your sweet comments as well :) I love stained glass and have always wanted to try it, just haven't gotten around to it. It's on my to-do list for sure! I'm going to check out the dies you used b/c I really loved them :)

      Delete

No need to be shy! I love getting comments and appreciate every one :)