Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Polka Dot Rosie

Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

DigiStamps4Joy Challenge 106--Something New

Hi crafty friends!  I hope you're all ready for the holidays! I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet, but that's nothing new. I remember many years ago I worked in a music/electronic/book store and bought every present on Christmas Eve LOL  Hopefully I'll be finished long before that this year! Hopefully.....

Today starts another challenge at DigiStamps4Joy!  The theme for this challenge is "Something New", so there are loads of possibilities with this one! Whether or not you use a DS4J image, you're welcome to join in the fun :)

Something new can mean many things: birthday, the new year, wedding, baby, etc. When I was browsing the images in the store, I thought this one was so cute, so the decision became much easier.




Many months ago, I bought a pack of gelatos but hadn't used them yet because I had (and still have) no idea HOW to. I tried once and failed, so I just kind of left them in a basket untouched all this time.  I wanted to do some stenciling and thought it would be great if I could dye my embossing paste with the gelatos..and it worked!  You can kind of see that there are different shades of pink and that's because there are tiny chunks of the two colors I used. It was tricky to mix and it wasn't perfect, but it worked just fine. Up close it looks like candy cane ice cream :) It's really cool!

I colored the image with Copics, fussy cut it out and centered it on the card base. I should use kraft cardstock more often. It's a nice change from a white card, and it's such a great, neutral color that looks awesome with pink! My wedding colors were brown and pink, so they're one of my favorite combinations :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you join us in the challenge!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

No need to be shy! I love getting comments and appreciate every one :)