Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Polka Dot Rosie

Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Phineas and Ferb Bday Party--Oriental Trading Product Review

Hi there!  Today I'm excited to tell you about the fun that we had for my son's fifth birthday! We had a fantastic time and had all kinds of cute decorations from Oriental Trading (love that place!) to help set the mood.  I was provided products for the purpose of this review and am excited to share my experiences on them! Keep in mind that these opinions and experiences are mine and don't necessarily reflect everyone else's :) Oriental Trading is an exciting place to shop and their website is so darn easy to navigate! They have all kinds of ideas for most things imaginable and the prices are very reasonable. Check them out!

After browsing the wide selection, we decided that a Phineas and Ferb birthday party would be perfect this year. It's a very creative, fun show that my family enjoys watching, so we felt it was a good fit.  Oriental Trading had a great selection of their products, so we were very happy, and what's MORE important is that my kiddo was super happy too :)                                                         
                             
Check out these great decorations!
          Please note that  a cupcake ring made it's way into
                                                                                        the photo and that it's not a part of the package. 


After doing a lot of searching and narrowing down choices, I decided to order the following items:

Phineas and Ferb Invitations
Pin the Tail on Perry
Phineas and Ferb Candles
Table Decorating Kit

The invitations were just so cute! I like to make my own cards, but there was no way that I would be able to produce something like this and I thought they were the perfect way to announce the party. Agent P is the birthday boy's favorite character, so it was a no brainer :)  Invitations set the tone for the party, so I wanted something fun, cheery and thematic, and they absolutely fit the bill.



I love surprise images on the inside of cards! My son didn't color this image, but it would have been a great way to personalize each one :)



I really like to brighten up tables and space at parties and the table decorations were a perfect way to accomplish that! They were very cute and the little die cuts gave the kids who ate their cupcakes way too fast something to play with while they were waiting for everyone else to finish :) To my surprise no one played with the fun, inviting stand ups! I thought for sure they would be the first ones floating around the room, but they stayed put on the table while the kids reached for the little die cuts. I am so happy that we got these, by the way! They were so cute and added an extra level of cheer to the party. They were sturdy, easy to put up and take down, and they folded easily for storage.  There were a lot of decorations in the bag and they covered about 15' of rectangular tables without being crowded or looking sparse.  The Agent P decoration was about 12 1/2" high and the Phineas and Ferb decorations were 7" high.  I apologize for so much blank space in the photos. I didn't want to get crop-happy because I thought the die cuts were too cute to cut out!

















The candles were sturdy and had fun shapes, but I would have preferred if they were all the different characters rather than objects.  The largest one had two bumps on the bottom to hold it in place, but the others were just flat, so they didn't stick in as easily causing it to be difficult to get a decent picture of them in the cupcakes.  I wasn't sure if they would fall off or make it through the gathering of kiddos, singing, and blowing out candles, but they did without falling over too much! I put them in at an angle and rested them on top of a dollop of icing and I think that helped a bit. Although not my favorite, I got no complaints, they served their purpose, were solid and smooth, and I liked the way they felt (weird I'm sure LOL).

After all the fun of eating cupcakes, it was time to open presents. If you know my son, you know that this takes a while. A. Long. While.  A lot of his guests were crowded around him while he opened every last card and package, smiling and laughing at all the great presents he received. It was truly a beautiful sight :)  When we finished with presents and everyone got a giant THANK YOU, it was time for one game before packing up and heading home.

I was so excited about this game!

Pin the Tail on Perry was so much fun and quite hilarious!  It came with a cute poster, eight face masks, and 8 tails. There were ten kids at the party so I decided to make a few more tails out of orange cardstock because I wasn't sure if I would need more in case one got ruined or the older kids wanted to join in.

One thing that I didn't really like was that the tails were actually stickers so if you used them as such, the game could never be used again. In addition, in all my years attending celebratory parties, I have seen many people start to put their tail (or whatever they were pinning) on the poster, but change their mind at the last second and move it.  If we used these as stickers, where they stuck, they stuck and couldn't be removed. To get around this was very simple...we used double sided tape instead of the stickers and it worked out great!

One thing to keep in mind is to put the poster lower to the ground because little bodies can't reach as high as adults can. We had this party at a venue for kids where the teenage employees do everything for you, which is nice, but at the same time it kind of drives me crazy because there were certain things that I wanted a certain way.  They were a great group of workers and made the party fun, so I can't complain about much.  Anyway, back to my point....they put the poster high enough for taller people to reach so the kids had to reach up to put it in place.  I even had to pick up one of the three-year-old guests who was struggling to reach so he could put it in the right place LOL


Aren't these hilarious?!? I LOVED the expressions on these face masks!!! The kids looked so cute and silly in them :)  It's amazing how eyes can transform someone's face, even if they're cardboard cutouts!  Having said that, the masks must have been a little too thick and didn't mold easily to their faces because four out of eight children put the tail EXACTLY where it should have gone LOL.   Either they were very intuitive five-year-olds or they could see out of them ;)




These kids were AH-MAZING pinners ;)  It's difficult to tell from the photo, but four tails were stacked on top of each other in the right spot!  My son was the first who did it and exclaimed that he was going to get the prize because he was the winner LOL



What a fun time!!  Everything went fantastic and everyone had a great time! Overall I'm very happy with the party supplies from Oriental Trading! Nothing fell apart, the colors and quality were great, nothing was torn upon arrival, there were no surprises with the actual product looking different than the packaging. And what's best is that the prices are some of the best I've seen! I'm one very happy Mommy to one very happy five-year-old! 

Thanks for spending part of your day with me! Have a great one!






2 comments:

No need to be shy! I love getting comments and appreciate every one :)