Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Polka Dot Rosie

Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Watercolor Hydrangeas CAN make a sick mama smile!

Hello, hello and thanks for joining me today!  I really love the support of my friends and family with this adventure.  One of my friends recently asked me to make a very personal card for her best friend who is pregnant and having a miserable time with hyperemesis gravidarum (AKA the most horrible morning sickness you could imagine!).  The only guideline I had was that she loved vintage things. Now, it just so happens that I too adore all that is vintage, so I was really excited to make something for her that would make her smile, even if it was only for a few seconds!   


Look at that!!  Now THIS project was a LOT of fun! OK, so really all of the cards that I make really are a lot of fun, but this one had so many fun elements in one little envelope: watercolor, pearls, vintage paper, vellum, embossing!  My friend was so happy with the final product and said it looked even better in person, and that the recipient absolutely loved it!

So, what did I use??

Hero Arts Hydrangea stamp
Strathmore Watercolor Paper
Stampin' Up Embossing Powder in Copper
Zing Embossing Powder in White
Koi Watercolors
Paint brush
Piano paper
Vellum
Pearl embellishments
Ivory ribbon
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
You're Simply Amazing stamp (unknown manufacturer)
Fiskar's 3-in-1 Corner Squeeze Punch "Dot to Dot"

Thanks for spending part of your day with me :) I hope you liked the card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No need to be shy! I love getting comments and appreciate every one :)