Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Polka Dot Rosie

Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

OWH Scarf Challenge!

I have been getting away from challenges lately and need to make a better effort to get inspired and involved!  Today's card is a beautiful pink and yellow scarf challenge that was presented by Operation Write Home.   I've been on a a background and distress ink kick, AND happen to be using a lot of pinks and yellows, so I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  I also had a couple of stamp sets since I started making cards in 2012 (how did that happen??!!) and have never used, so now was the perfect time!  I hope you enjoy my take on the challenge :)



Soooo pretty!!!  These types of cards aren't incredibly difficult, they just take time. The iron method is such a fun technique and the results can be quite stunning....and some absolutely cannot LOL Thankfully this one turned out so beautiful :)

I used Distress Ink and water with a bit of Perfect Pearls and the iron method to create the background.  I wasn't too fired up about it at first because I absolutely loved the way the colors turned out and there was the perfect amount of shimmer, but I just didn't really care for the haphazard placement of the designs.  I stamped with Versamark and used clear embossing powder on white paper and it was difficult to see exactly where the images were.  After adding the black doily "ribbon" (it's really a stamp that I embossed), I felt it came together just right.  And I'm so so happy with it!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great weekend!

List of supplies used:
Distress Inks (Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey and Picked Raspberry)
Lost & Found 3 Ruby and Oliver Stamps
Clear and black embossing powder
"Love" Stamp (yard sale find!)
Black Sequins
Tombo Mono Multi Glue
Versamark Ink
Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Strathmore Watercolor Paper
110 lb Cardstock
Scotch brand adhesive
Spray bottle
Perfect Pearls in blush
Martha Stewart Heat T
ool

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sara, I love the colors you used on this card. The contrast with the black is awesome. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

No need to be shy! I love getting comments and appreciate every one :)