Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Polka Dot Rosie

Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Watercolor backgrounds

Hey there! I'm so excited! I've been really into watercolor lately and the effects are magical! Some are not exactly what I'm looking for, but others are absolutely beautiful!  Check out two of my favorites from the watercolor backgrounds I did last night:


For these cards, I used a cool ironing technique that I learned from Jennifer McGuire and it is my newest favorite technique!  I always have trouble with masculine cards but really love the look of the top card. I made the card on the bottom for new neighbors that we haven't had the opportunity to meet yet. I love the way the colors on both cards worked together! Easy one layer cards that really pack a punch!  

Watercolor can be tricky! Here is one that I didn't care for very much. I'm going to try to add a little to it and see if it grows on me. Certain colors just don't work well, and I'm learning as I go.



I used the following supplies:
Distress Inks (Top: Pumice Stone, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass; Middle: Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade,  Picked Raspberry; Bottom: Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers. Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves)
Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card in Herringbone and Flourishes

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No need to be shy! I love getting comments and appreciate every one :)