Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Polka Dot Rosie

Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Owls that Woot! PS April Guest Designer Search

Hi everyone :) Thanks for visiting today! The shopping bug bit me pretty hard recently and thanks to a fantastic anniversary sale at Paper Smooches, I decided to stock up on some things!  I am thrilled with this company's quality of product and excellent customer service. It is well deserving of a stellar review, which I'm working on, but since there is a deadline for their April Guest Designer Search, I'm submitting entries first.

This card was SOOO much fun! I have always been fascinated with owls. They're so beautiful and majestic to me and I was so happy to finally use them on a card.  Although PS has a couple of adorable stamp sets featuring owls, I went ahead and tried out their digital stamps for this project. These little guys have a bit of sass. Check out those expressions! LOL



I have been working on coloring with Copics and really love how everything turned out!  I used them to color the owls and the branch, then embossed the branch with a wood grain embossing folder. I pop dotted the owls, glossed up their eyes and bit, added a fun word bubble, and that is that!  Darling!  Now I just have to find someone to give it to...

Here are the supplies that were used:
Copic markers (V12, 15, 17; YG 01, 05, 09; E 25, 27; YR 16, 18)
Glossy Accents
Wood grain embossing folder
Word Bubbles die (Paper Smooches)
Chit Chat stamp set (Paper Smooches)
Pop Dots
Heavy Cardstock

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope this card made you smile :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

No need to be shy! I love getting comments and appreciate every one :)