Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Polka Dot Rosie

Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Baby's Birthday Card--NON2

Hi there! I've been really busy this week!  I made a small handful of cards recently and have a few more that need to be finished. They are all so cute and I'm really excited to share them with all of you, but decided to post one at a time so the recipients had a chance to enjoy them :) It's also a new month which means a new challenge for Naughty or Nice Challenges!! Last month's theme was love and I got some good laughs from my naughty submission, but for this month's birthday challenge, I'm going for nice :)

So let's get to it! One of my dearest friends in the world lives across the country and I only get to see her a couple of times a year.  She is coming to town (YAY!!!!) and wanted me to make a couple of cards for her to give to her family, including this one for her godson's his first birthday. I LOVE using this stamp for babies and thought it would be fun if I tried something new with the design of the card. Although it took some practice to get it right, I ended up really liking the final product. Take a look and tell me what you think:



I just love the alternating colors :) 


Isn't it just so cute?!?  I'm so happy with how it turned out!  

I colored the image with colored pencils and used Glossy Accents on the balloon.  I used the Swiss Dot embossing folder on the front of the card, added a little ribbon for interest, and cut the ovals with my Spellbinders dies. The stamp and sentiment are from the same Stampin' Up set, but I am not sure of the name of it. It was a yard sale find :)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Super cute! Thanks for playing along with this month's Naughty Or Nice Challenge!

    PS. the link to your post is wrong (it's sends us to a POST PREVIEW). I think you can go back to the Inlinkz and edit it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tobi! I didn't know the link was wrong, but I fixed it as soon as I read your comment! Thanks for the heads up :)

      Delete
  2. I love this Rosie! Such a sweet card - love how you framed that image! Thx for joining us at Naughty or Nice and hope to see you again for next month's challenge!

    Mary J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mary! I LOVE your challenges! They are so much fun!

      Delete
  3. How cute and sweet! Thank you for playing along with us at Naughty or Nice challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, I'd be pleased with it too! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

No need to be shy! I love getting comments and appreciate every one :)